- This event has passed.
BVRAC Pre-Hospital NRP Class
October 9, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
When: October 9, 2018
8am – 11am & 1pm – 4pm
Where: Brazos Valley Council of Governments, 3991 East 29th Street Bryan, Texas 77802
Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) Class
The steps to complete NRP are as follows:
- Review the attached NRP Provider How-to-Guide for instructions on completing the new 7th Edition NRP Class.
- Register online at https://www.healthstream.com/hlc/aap. You will need to create a user ID and Password.
- Review the NRP 7th edition manual. Please use caution if purchasing this manual from Amazon. It has been reported that those books are sold at a much discounted cost but they are fragments pieced together from other books; therefore, the information may be incorrect or incomplete.
- Complete the on-line NRP exam. You will need to purchase the exam though Health Stream at the NRP Online Exam webpage. The exam cost is $35.00; Follow the instructions for completing the Provider Curriculum. If you are unable to attend check-off within 90 days of initiating the exam, the exam becomes invalid and must be retaken, which requires the purchase of a new exam.
- Register for an Instructor-Led Check-off Session. Go to the NRP Healthstream website where the exam was completed. Choose the instructor led event titled NRP BVRAC session on October 9, 2018. There are two sessions for this date; you only need to register for one check-off session 0800-1100 or 1300 to 1600.
- Email Staci (Phelps@bswhealth.org) your registered check-off session date/time.
- The NRP check-off will be held at the following location: Brazos Valley Council of Governments, 3991 East 29th Street Bryan, Texas 77802
The day of NRP check-off:
- Arrive on time to your registered check-off session
- Bring a print out of your NRP Course Certification from the NRP website.
Please contact me if you have any questions.
Staci Phelps, MSN, RNC-NIC
700 Scott and White Dr
College Station, TX 77845